Full/part-time and freelance positions available
Hampton Associates is one of Scotland’s leading brand, design & digital agencies working with a diverse portfolio of prestigious clients across many industry sectors. We are looking for talented Web Developers to work on, update and support websites using PHP. Full/part-time and freelance positions are available.
You will need to have experience throughout the development cycle particularly in the technical development, and ideally have previously worked in an agency environment. Projects you will take ownership of include PHP full site developments and ongoing application development.
You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of technical skill and competence including, amongst other areas:
- Excellent PHP5 skills including the ability to rapidly analyse and understand existing code
- Strong MySQL, database analysis and design skills; building well-structured, normalised databases
- Experience with Object Orientated Programming
- Form handling and validation of user input
- Ability to build well-designed, modular, reusable code
- An understanding and awareness of security issues
You will also need:
- Good HTML/XHTML/CSS skills; building valid, clean, semantic markup
- Strong team-working skills;
- Excellent communication skills; you will be working in a small team and so will be expected to liaise directly with clients on many projects and a helpful, positive attitude is essential. A good level of spoken and written English is expected.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work independently
- A good awareness of web standards and compatibility issues
- An understanding of accessibility issues
Additional skills and experience which are not required but which would be beneficial include:
- At least basic knowledge of version control software, preferably Subversion
- Awareness of character encoding, collations and other internationalisation issues
- Apache configuration, including virtual hosting and use of mod_rewrite
The right candidates will be offered excellent remuneration & benefits packages & the opportunity to work in a great team driven, working environment .
If you think you could add value to our expanding web & digital service, send something that you think might impress us - info to Mike Hampton, firstname.lastname@example.org